Wednesday, 7 April 2010
Our Annual Conference - Climate Change and Health: Understanding the Impact before it is too late
Lead experts in the field, including Sir Jonathon Porritt, Sir Andrew Haines and Jean Lambert MEP, set out the key issues around climate change and consequences for health.
We explored a range of subjects from changing migration patterns to new conflicts and the global impact on public health.
Visit our website to watch the video highlights from the conference or our photos from the conference.
Read all about it: read the proceedings from the conference and find out the next steps that we can all take together to effectively reduce our own carbon emissions and push health to the top of the climate change political agenda.
Results of Conference Day Survey were:
What do you expect from this conference?
• learn more about DRR
• meet people with whom to discuss and share these issues, gather useful knowledge and then take action!
What is the most important climate change issue for you?
• the effects on poverty in the developing world
• effects on underlying causes of malnutrition
• injustice of distribution impact
• impact on livelihoods and wellbeing, especially for youth